Calumet Photographic Limited is part of the Calumet Photographic Group. Our Head Office is located in Milton Keynes and details can be found on our website at www.calumetphoto.co.uk Throughout this document we refer to the company as Calumet.
Calumet is a leading supplier and retailer of imaging products and services. It does not carry out any manufacturing processes. We are committed to continually improve and promote sound environmental practice.
This is the Environmental Policy Statement of Calumet Photographic Limited.
For the purposes of this document, the following terms apply:
- Senior management is defined as the Directors, officers and senior managers of our organisation
- Environmental aspects are the elements of Calumet's activities, products and services that can interact with the environment
- Environmental impacts are the changes to the environment that result from Calumet's environmental aspects
Calumet acknowledges that the environment can potentially be impacted by any of its activities, products and services. This policy sets out how the organisation will manage, monitor, measure and otherwise be accountable for its ongoing environmental performance.
In the implementation of this policy, Calumet will:
- Comply with all relevant environmental laws and regulations
- Inform all employees of their responsibilities in following good environmental practice and the contribution that they can make to achieve continual improvements in environmental performance
- Set clear environmental objectives, which are relevant to the nature, scale and environmental impacts of Calumet's activities
- Identify performance targets by which progress towards these environmental objectives can be measured and reviewed
- Report on the results of monitoring of performance targets
- Adhere to the requirements of relevant local, national and international law appertaining to the environmental aspects and impacts of the organisation and ensure that this policy kept up to date in line with those requirements.
Calumet is committed to preventing pollution wherever possible and will ensure that as well as optimising new products, services and processes to facilitate this prevention, existing systems and processes are reviewed in order to identify areas for pollution prevention. For each product, service, system or process, this will be achieved by:
- Eliminating or reducing the use of polluting materials or technologies;
- Recycling or reusing materials within the Calumet organisation;
- transferring materials or waste outside of Calumet for recycling or reuse; and,
- where no other option is available, controlled disposal or incineration
Calumet will integrate environmental management procedures, processes and planning with the general operations of our organisation to maximise the potential reduction of the organisations environmental impacts. It will also ensure that where possible, products and services are designed, developed and utilised in such a way as to reduce the environmental impacts of their users.
Through the use of environmental performance evaluation procedures and key performance indicators, Calumet will seek continual improvement in its environmental performance. This will be achieved through the proper implementation of its environmental management system. The design, development and management of the environmental management system, related procedures and indicators is the responsibility of senior management.
Through the implementation of this policy, Calumet work to set a positive example of good environmental management for its employees and customers. Calumet will appoint an employee at each of its locations in the United Kingdom to oversee good environmental practice in that specific area. It is the responsibility of Senior management to ensure that this policy is implemented throughout the organisation. and the responsibility of the Managing
Director to ensure that this policy is properly maintained and up to date.
Signed on behalf of Calumet Photographic Limited
By Michele Channer