The Nikkor 300mm has an exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor that enables ultrahigh-speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and powerful super-quiet operation. Two ED elements reduce chromatic aberrations that provide excellent optical performace - even at maximum aperture. The 300mm is fully compatible with a Nikon TC-14E Teleconverter, which increases focal length to 420mm with 35mm SLR cameras and 630mm with D1 digital SLR. The Internal Focusing design provides smoother focusing and great body balance.
- M/A mode enables instant switching from autofocus to manual with virtually no time lag even during AF servo operation
- No power consumption during manual focus operation
- AF performance enhanced with Focus Range Limiter
- Focuses as close as 4.8' (1.45m).
- Nikon D-type design provides precise distance information for flash and ambient light exposure processes
- High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating offers excellent color reproduction and minimizes ghost and flare
- Detachable tripod mounting collar provided
- Filter attachment does not rotate with focusing