Start your journey with the innovative EOS 650D, a powerful 18.0 MP camera with DIGIC 5 technology that inspires creativity and lets you capture great photographs and Full HD movies with ease.
Make your own EOS Movie in Full HD, thanks to the EOS 650D’s fully featured Movie function. Shooting like an expert has never been easier thanks to continuous AF and editable Video snapshot modes.
With the EOS 650D you have access to the expansive EOS system, developed from over 25 years continuous advancement and providing you with the ultimate choice of lenses, flashguns and accessories.
Superior processing power
Rich colours and smooth tonal gradation with fine detail, the EOS 650D has the new DIGIC 5 14-bit processor at its heart, which works with you to optimise all settings and Modes, delivering stunning images with reduced noise in all light levels, even at night.
Thanks to an 18.0 Megapixel sensor, the EOS 650D captures images in stunning high resolution at a maximum size of 5184 x 3456 pixels. Print poster sized images, or crop to make new compositions with abundant detail.
A state-of-the-art exposure metering system analyses each scene over 63 separate zones. Light intensity and colour information plus data from the camera’s lens and focus points are also used to help calculate the optimum exposure in all lighting conditions.
- Megapixels 18.0
- Sensor type APS-C CMOS
- Sensor size 22.3 x 14.9mm
- Resolution 5184 x 3456
- Autofocus points 9
- Autofocus system 9 cross-type AF points
- Crop factor 1.6
- Lens mount Canon EF/EF-S mount
- Frames per second 5
- ISO min 100
- ISO max 25600
- Card format SD/SDHC/SDXC
- Weight (g) 575
- Size 133.1 x 99.8 x 78.8mm
- Aspect ratio 3:2
- Image processor DIGIC 5
- Battery model LP-E8
- Battery charger LC-E8
- Battery grip BG-E8
- File formats JPEG, RAW, MPEG-4, MOV
- Shutter speed fast 1/4000 sec
- Shutter speed slow 30 sec
- HD Movie mode 1080p
- Screen size (inches) 3.0
- Screen resolution 1040000
- Tilting / Rotating screen Yes
- Live view Yes
- VF coverage 95%
- Diopter adjustment ,-3 to +1 m-1 (dioptre)
- Metering system TTL full aperture metering with 63-zone SPC
- Exposure compensation ,+/-5 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments (can be combined with AEB).
- AEB (Bracketing) ,3 shots +/- 2 EV, 1/2 or 1/3-stop increments
- Exposure modes Program AE , Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual, 10 scene modes
- Flash type Built-in
- Flash guide number 13
- Flash sync speed 1/200 sec
- Connectivity USB 2.0, HDMI mini
- Image stabilisation No
- Body materials Stainless Steel and polycarbonate resin with glass fiber
- Operating environment 0 – 40 °C, 85% or less humidity
- Optional Remote Remote Switch RS-60E3, Remote Controller RC-6
- Optional flashgun Canon Speedlites (220EX, 270EX, 270EX II, 320EX, 420EX, 430EX, 430EX II, 550EX, 580EX, 580EX II, 600EX, 600EX-RT, Macro-Ring-Lite, MR-14EX, Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX, Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2, Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT)
- Other optional accessories Hand Strap E2, Semi-Hard Case EH22-L