Get Cashback on this product before 31 May 2013. See the Canon website for claim details.
The EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM is a high performance, water-resistant, and ultra wide-angle Canon L-series lens. It has been specifically designed for improved edge-to-edge image quality that will meet the strict requirements of professional and high-end amateur photographers. It features 3 high-precision aspherical lens elements, each of a different type: ground, replica and GMo for even better image quality than the original EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM. The circular aperture produces a beautiful and natural background blur when shooting at wider apertures. Other features include internal focusing, a ring type USM (Ultra Sonic Monitor), and new AF algorithms for fast and quiet autofocusing.
- Offers better optical performance over older model & better resolution than 17-40 at equivalent aperture
- Additional element giving better edge to edge performance
- The performance is much closer between f/2.8 and f/8 throughout the frame
- Same level of moisture/dust resistance
- New 82mm diameter filter
- Slightly larger and heavier than before Circular aperture for pleasing Bokeh (background blur)